Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I've always loved Christmas time, and get into the holiday spirit on the early side. Those who know me well know that I excitedly get out all my Christmas music shortly after Thanksgiving, and start decorating and baking right away...I've been known to bake a large assortment of cookies to mail out to family and friends (I think the most I ever made was 17 different kinds of cookies!). But this year I'm finding that I'm just not in my usual holiday spirit. I can't believe Christmas is already next week...it seems like it really snuck up on me this year! I did manage to get a wreath decorated for our front door, and we finally got a tree up and decorated it last week. I'm hoping to at least get a little baking done before next week. Little G helped me mix up some gingerbread cookie dough this morning. She loved dumping the flour into the bowl! The dough is now chilling in the fridge, so when she gets up from her nap, we can try rolling it out & cutting out cookies together. Should be fun, and I hope it helps me get into more of my usual holiday spirit!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails