Monday, December 28, 2009

Eager for the new year

As this year draws to a close, I'm looking back and reflecting on all that I've done, but also looking ahead at all that I want to do. I've always been an idea person. I've never had difficulty coming up with ideas. In fact, I have a whole "vault" of ideas that are waiting for their moment to shine. Now that the holiday craziness is over, I'm really looking forward to peering into the vault, and deciding which ideas to focus on in the new year.

I've been living a very full life (perhaps at times a bit too full), and in the coming year I hope to really set some solid priorities, and focus on only the things that are most important to me. Which is difficult for me, as I am usually the type to want to do it all. But I realize that if I keep adding more and more to my plate, at some point the plate will shatter, no longer being able to hold the weight of everything I've put on it, and cause everything to come crashing down. What a mess that would be!

So my resolution for the new year is to simplify my life. Declutter. Focus. Live simply.
I'm feeling very upbeat and positive about the year to come, and am very much looking forward to it.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails