Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New colors for Autumn!

As I am stocking up my Etsy shop for fall, I will be introducing some new colors for all of my felted wool products. One of the new colors will be this great variegated purple/burgundy/rust/green, perfect for Autumn. I haven't really worked with variegated yarns much, so it's interesting to see how the colors end up once they are knit. I'm especially eager to see what these will look like felted! I'm planning to do some felting tomorrow, including a pair of these variegated mary janes, along with poppy red and chocolate brown, and also a pair of high tops in a variegated green/brown/tan. So be on the lookout for these in my Etsy shop either later this week, or early next week.


Another new color I am introducing is this:

I had a difficult time trying to come up with a name for this color, so I turned to my fans on Facebook to get some input. I got a lot of great suggestions, including persimmon, cinnabar, paprika, and pomegranate. In the end, I decided to go with cinnabar for two reasons: 1) after searching google images, cinnabar seemed the closest to the actual color, and 2) it makes me think of cinnamon, which I love! So you can now get these little cinnabar flora janes in my Etsy shop. Hooray!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails