Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rediscovering a Medium

As you've likely noticed, I've been taking a bit of a break from my Etsy shops.  It was a tough decision for me to temporarily close them, but I'm glad I did, as it has given me a chance to focus on creating, and not worry about all of the other tasks associated with running a shop.  So what have I been creating?  Paintings!  I hadn't painted in years, but suddenly felt inspired to take it back up again.  Fortunately I still had some acrylic paints and brushes packed away, and after a quick trip to the craft store to get some canvases, I was ready to dive in.  Also fortunately, my daughter loves to paint too, so we have been spending quite a bit of time every day painting together, which has been wonderful.  Here's a little glimpse at some of the paintings I have been working on:

 



I have been thoroughly enjoying painting again, and can't for the life of me figure out why I ever stopped! I haven't yet decided for sure when I will reopen my Etsy shops, but I will keep you posted.  In the meantime, I'm planning to keep painting, and hopefully give silk painting a try again soon too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails