Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mandalas continued...

Remember my mandalas from the other day? Well I've been playing around with embroidering them onto felt. I'm really having a lot of fun with this, and so far I'm digging the results!



This black and white one to the left is one that's in progre
ss. As with my drawn mandalas, I start each of these with no plan - nothing is sketched out ahead of time. Each stitch I take leads me to where the next stitch should go, and I just keep working outwards until I feel like the design is complete.




Now to decide what to do with them! I've been thinking they would make pretty cool pendants, so I made a couple
to try out:











I've been wearing this one all weekend, and I love it! I'm seriously considering making a bunch more of these for my Etsy shop. I certainly have enough felt & embroidery floss to get started...it's just a matter of finding the time. They are quite time consuming to make, but they're a small project, so they're extremely portable. That means I can take one or two of them with me everywhere to work on at any given moment. Perfect for my lunch break at work, or waiting at the doctor's office. Fun!

2 comments:

The Folk Art Tree said...

These are AWESOME! You should make them into pins, too! I did some mandala type designs as pins, except I made mine with beads and wool felt, and they sold really well. So you see I'm already in love with the whole idea!!! Have fun making them!

prettydreamer said...

I just wanted to pop my head in and say I love your embroidered mandalas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails