Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Celebrating 4 years on Etsy

This Friday marks my four year anniversary of having a shop on Etsy, or as we Etsians like to say, my four year "Etsyversary". When I joined Etsy in 2006, I immediately fell in love with both the marketplace and the community. Although I haven't yet had thousands of sales like some other Etsy shop owners, I still consider my time on Etsy as a success. Etsy has inspired me and given me hope that one day I too will be able to fulfill my entrepreneurial dreams. I've learned a lot about myself, grown considerably since I discovered Etsy 4 years ago, and have made a lot of great friends along the way.

I've taken on a lot of side projects over the years, such as the EtsyKids Team and Modern Handmade Child, and I definitely want to continue those. But I also want to start focusing on my shop more again. Last year things got a little crazy, and I was not able to spend as much time creating new products and updating my Etsy shop as I would have liked. So this year, I'm going to make it more of a priority. I have a whole slew of ideas for projects just waiting to get made, and I can't wait to get started!

In order to make my shop a higher priority again, I'm going set aside a certain time each week that I will focus solely on creating. That means in that segment of time, I will not touch the computer, as it's far too easy to get distracted. I'm also going to start blogging more about what I'm working on, which will hopefully keep me motivated to really be working on something fabulous! So be on the look out for my new "Shop Talk Tuesday" posts. (My past "Toddler Tuesday" posts will be switching to "Mom Mondays"...after all, she won't be a toddler much longer!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails